Gran Turismo 7 Pit stops

• Thread starter owoc12
  • 20 comments
I really would like to have proper pitstops. It is a bit silly to be able to go full speed into the pitlane, get right into the pit cut scene, and then spit out the pit exit. A tire stop at most tracks only costs maybe 7-10 seconds (with a couple of exceptions).

It should be like in most other sims, that you need to slow down before pit-entry, and then drive at appropriate speed until your box, where you have your stop. Then drive out under pit limit. Of course it should be adjustable so you can have the pit sequence automated, or fully manual. Extra bonus would be to have the option of adjusting the fuel refill rate and the speed of tire change to reflect real life. For example, a GT3 pitstop takes much longer time then F1.

With the current super quick pitstops it makes it harder to set up the race for different tire strategies, as the softer compounds + more stops always seems to come out on top.

Just my 2 cents, but somehow I'm expecting similar pit procedure as in GT Sport.

For realism sake, I would prefer real time too. BUT the sport mode races' length will need to be readjusted to match that as well. If we still have current <30 mins races, and pitstops are fully real time, then I would expect the dominant strategy to swing completely the other way (e.g. just slap Racing Hards and survive till the end).

Every game since GT1 has real time pit stops except for Sport. It's time GT7 does away with this cutscene teleporting nonsense.

The answer to this question like many simply depends on if GT7 is just a fork of GT Sport, and as a result the core mechanics and features are 90% the same, or if GT7 was started before GTS and it doesn't share as much of the GTS DNA.

The trailer obviously suggests the former, but who knows if that was really GT7. We've been here before with PD showing off something that wasn't really the actual next gen game.

Well gt sports pit stops are done for gameplay purposes so no player gets punished for the low pit lane speeds and maybe PD thought people would get bored of watching the car going at 60km/h on the pitlane.

I would keep the gt sport version for sport mode and only use a full pit entrance for single player and emdurance online events

Last edited:
All I have to say here is PD can we please do photographs of our car during a Pit Stop in GT7.

I think it would make a nice piece of the race action so like others I would like to see it like GT5/6 but if there has to be a restriction online races only!

I don't think gt is the right game for the pit stop police. You should learn every pit lane line entry for every circuit, which implies more preparation than what gran turismo recently have demanded (and i'm very happy with that). So for someone like me who enjoys turning on gtsport to enjoy and not to simulate a real race it's better to stick with the current system of entry/exit. I wanted it too, then played F1 and got immediatly angry as soon as I caught the first penalty

I don't think gt is the right game for the pit stop police. You should learn every pit lane line entry for every circuit, which implies more preparation than what gran turismo recently have demanded (and i'm very happy with that). So for someone like me who enjoys turning on gtsport to enjoy and not to simulate a real race it's better to stick with the current system of entry/exit. I wanted it too, then played F1 and got immediatly angry as soon as I caught the first penalty
But the etiquette videos. It speaks about rules. There are rules such as not crossing the white lines on pit entry and pit exit.

If players were to partake in Driving School and Missions, they'd learn about pit stops. During those pit stops, if players were instructed to be made aware of the white lines, it brings awareness.

What I'm getting at is, just because players want to jump in and race, they still have to be aware of players around them. Yet, players still smash into one another on the regular. Blatantly, by mis-judging in the heat of battling and just by not paying attention.

Making players aware before entering pit lane, can save many other players from being t-boned into the pits.

Real time pit stops if possible. I'm just worried that anyone who has a pit box in the back would have a notable disadvantage compared to everyone else, since they would have to instantly react to the prompts to get a fast stop.

Maybe some other MFD option that allows you to set your desired tire and lock it would be useful... Selecting the next set of tires with up or down on the d-pad.

Refueling could be done while in the pit box like it is now. maybe?

It just leaves the question of how pit traffic would be handled for online, which is probably why they chose cutscene pit stops in the first place.

Real time pit stops if possible. I'm just worried that anyone who has a pit box in the back would have a notable disadvantage compared to everyone else, since they would have to instantly react to the prompts to get a fast stop.

Maybe some other MFD option that allows you to set your desired tire and lock it would be useful... Selecting the next set of tires with up or down on the d-pad.

Refueling could be done while in the pit box like it is now. maybe?

It just leaves the question of how pit traffic would be handled for online, which is probably why they chose cutscene pit stops in the first place.
Similar to real life as well. If pit position, were by qualifying position, that'd be a good representation of fastest gets pit preference.

When will we get to have interactive pit stops? Some level of skill required that you could gain/lose time in the pits
The c64 racing game had them.

When will we get to have interactive pit stops? Some level of skill required that you could gain/lose time in the pits
The c64 racing game had them.
I remember one of the nascar games from mid 2000s had this, I just remember after a short while all my pitstops were great. :sly: But imagine in an online race, when someone gets a glitched stop or mistake, it'll be a online rage fest like never before. :sly:

All I have to say here is PD can we please do photographs of our car during a Pit Stop in GT7.
I tried switching cameras during pit stop in GTS and they only took three wheels off 🤔

pit15wjsz.jpg

pit2r2j1d.jpg

Back